Beiträge von Alan

Thank you Peter and Werner for you replies. I looked at the Bemo product line and found it to be very nice however very costly for me. I wanted the Allegra and at $700.00 USD and cost of track put it out of reach. When I saw the KATO line up knowing KATO is good quality I went with that. I do like the size too. I have a 3D printer and also a laser cutter so I can fabricate a lot of my buildings if I can just get a hold of the sizes!

I have been using the Goggle translater to view the site but when I use that it will not allow me to log in so I must go to the regular site and log in in order to read any of the postings sent to me. Also there are many areas that for some reason I do not have permission to view. Do not know why. Would like to view those areas too. I hope to post some pictures of my bench work soon.

Regards - Alan

Hallo Alan,

RhB fans everywhere in the world! I'm originaly Dutch, life since 2012 on Bali/Indonesia! Grischuna in 1:160 should be long 20,6cm, with 8,4cm, high 12cm, if i may say that, Google "Pirovino modellbau atelier"/modellbau 1:87 a lot of Building's with sice's and pictures! Make soure the pictures you want to share are in a small sice, if they're to big it doesn't work!

Greetings from Bali

Peter

Thank you Peter for the information. I am hoping to locate many more sizes for the hotel in Filisur and also the station and platforms. I have Kato Swiss station which looks close but may need to make modifications. Also hoping Kato does freight rolling stock soon. I know of no other sources for freight in this size.

Regards - Alan

Thank you everyone for the greetings. I have spent the last few days looking over this wonderful site and have noticed that most of the modules are of wood construction and very well done.

Questions: What size wood do most use and how are the pieces joined? Size hardware? Glue?

Since my first module will be of Filisur for my first building I would like to construct the Hotel Grischuna.. Does anyone have dimensions or drawings that they are willing to share?

Thank you again for the warm welcome.

Regards

Alan

I see you are located in Canada! I moved from Dallas TX to Chaska, MN about a year ago!

Alan:)

Hello Everyone,

I am a new member and very interested in modeling a Swiss plant. I am located in the USA and found this wonderful forum by chance yesterday. I have been in model railroading for over 50 years. I have modeled in every scale from Z to G but up till now all North America themes. When the Kato Allegra was released in 1/150 size I knew I had to model it. I have recently retired from a DCC manufacture where I help develop many products from command stations to decoders. It is now time for me to enjoy the hobby instead of working in it. I have a new house with a finished room with a size of 12 feet by 16 feet to build my railroad.

I do not speak or read German so I will be lost but I guess I can post pictures of my build if I can figure out how to.

Thank you

Regards - Alan:)